6.28.2010

For The Love of Paint or Me

I'm still here, painting away. Mostly trim work. I've used over a quart of primer on baseboards, doorways and spindles. 

The stairwell walls still needed to be painted and hubby was not too thrilled about getting that done. It involved tall ladders leaning precariously on stairs. Something I am not coordinated enough to do myself. We didn't have enough paint left from the family room. As I am standing there with a paint brush in my hand, covered in primer, shower? Um, that would be a no. Hubby asks me....Are you going to Home Depot for more paint? NO, I say sweetly. Why? he asks so stupidly. Because I'm painting, I shriek like a woman possessed.  Silence. Henry looks at him as if to say, are you insane? I mean really, when will they learn? No really, when?

So after some groaning from the one who balances well, he went for more paint and we he got it done. And just as we he was finishing off the upstairs hallway (it all connects so it had to be done too) look what I saw on his back.


Okay, it's a little gross, sweat and all, but I couldn't help but laugh. Love is what got him on that ladder. Maybe a little fear too. But mostly love I'm sure.

9 comments:

  1. Anita... How funny... it does look like a heart!! I am in the midst of painting, too! My runs are to Lowes and back... That was nice of him to go for you and to finish up...and all because of love!! :)

    Have a great day!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We're painting too. I just posted today about our painting project.One down and several more to go.
    Hang in there!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....hahahahaha....Anita that's SO funny....And your RIGHT....That patch does look like a heart....Hey that would make a GREAT country & western song...."I sweat LOVE for youooooo...." Will you show us some after pics of all your (his) hard work....hahahahahaha....??!

    Cheers for now,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is priceless. How sweet of him to help out, lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that I am not the only one out there with paint all over them. It's really been a lot of work but so worth it. I just hope that when I pull the tape off of my carpet I don't have a pin stripe of paint running along the baseboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know I'm not the only one who skips the shower when working on a job like that. You should have seen how covered I got with the stain from the bar, and then my SIL stopped over...ugh! So embarrassed!
    Great heart, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh, how cute! Who but a blogger would see the heart?!?! AND take the picture?!? AND post the pic for everyone to see the sweat?!?!

    I think it is adorable!! Way to go on getting all that painting taken care of!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today. I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails